Saturday, April 12, 2008

Passing the Buck

Don't you hate the "pass the buck" mentality? I can't understand why people think that it let's them off the hook when they try to pin their inadequacies on someone else. Famous last words, "that's not my job, xyz, is in charge of that". Knowing full well that someone told you that they were in charge of it and that's the only reason why you came to them in the first place. I don't know, maybe it's just me.

When I am in charge of something, I try to make sure all t's are crossed and all i's dotted. And I definitely have broad enough shoulders to take the heat if I mess up. I guess I am a relic in these days and times. Some wise women told me this once, around Fall 1991........
"Excuses are monuments of nothingness, those who use them seldom accomplish anything."

*black power fist*

No comments: